Wednesday, July 13, 2005

This is the main river coming down Mount Celaque. Looks like a good trout stream but alas, no fish. My friend Jeremy and I hiked up to it last Saturday, it was kind of a bruiser of a hike and we didn’t bring enough water. But the view was amazing. I’ve already gotten my first Honduran parasite, I found out yesterday that I’ve got amoebas, pretty cool eh. Nothing serious just a little giardia (sp?), I don’t really feel that sick it’s nothing like the last time I had Giardia. The doc gave me some medicine and it should clear up in a couple of days. Other than that training has been good. I helped give a group presentation to a bunch of grade school teachers on integrating environmental education into other subjects. They were really motivated and the session went well and was a lot of fun. This Friday I have to give another presentation about the environment (in Spanish) to a bunch of third-graders. I’m pretty nervous but I’m sure it will be fun. Not much else going on in this neck of the woods. Hope you’re all doing well. Paz Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home