Monday, August 28, 2006

Hey hey, hope everything is alright for all my friends and family, things couldn’t be better here (knock on wood). I just got back from my mid term medical and dental examinations, and have no problems as of now. Mid Term!!!!! That is huge. I have now been in Honduras for over fifteen months. Last weekend I went to a noche de fumadores (night of smokers) put on by one of the finest cigar companies in the world. Makers of Don Melos, my favorite cigar. For 250 Lempira (about 13 dollars) you could get into the party with an open bar (stocked with beer, Spanish wine, and 15 and 23 year old Guatemalan rum), great food, and live music. It was interesting being a grubby Peace Corps volunteer and a big event like this and rubbing elbows with the movers and shakers of Western Honduras. I even managed to take a shower and wear a shirt with buttons on it and all the buttons at that (a lot of my shirts are missing a few). About seven volunteers showed up and I’m pretty sure we all got our money’s worth, and then some. I didn’t have my camera so I’m going to have to bum some photos off another volunteer and post them later. Sorry this is short but I’ve got to catch the bus back to site, I’ve had horrible luck hitching rides lately and it isn’t worth it to wait out in the hot sun for hours when I can catch the bus. I’ll talk to everyone soon. Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home