Thursday, March 30, 2006

Alright, back again. I’m sitting (literally, because standing makes me tired right now) at the tail end of one of my worst weeks in Honduras, which happened to come at the end of one of my best weeks in Honduras. The folks showed up about two weeks ago for a great visit. We hit up everything, and aside from a little lost luggage, everything went off without a hitch. I’ll post some pics later, the internet is really slow today. We checked out the ancient Maya city of Copan, the perfect beaches and seafood of Tela and saw howler monkeys and snorkeled in Punta Sal, and even managed some time for my sleepy little mountain town of Cruz Alta.
And the day after I dropped my folks off at the airport I came down with Dengue Fever and haven’t spent much time out of bed for the past four and a half days. Dengue is transmitted through a mosquito bite and gives you wicked headaches, body aches, fever, chills, sore throat, and completely saps your energy. There isn’t much you can do for it other than get rest and stay hydrated. But luckily it goes away on its own. And much thanks goes to my buddy Jamie in Gracias for letting me chill at his place and for keeping my nutrition level sustained on a strict diet of slim jims (from the States), fruitsnacks, rehydration salts, and diet cokes. So if any of you ever get the Dengue, snap into a slim jim, I aint kidding. Alright alright I’m on the road to recovery but am not completely cured yet so I’d best lay down awhile. I’ll try and post some pics a little later. Much love from the south. joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home